What makes us a community?
What elements and attributes of our weekly gatherings promote connectedness and mutuality?
What impact does our community have on the world around us? The planet? The cosmos?
This summer at New Wineskins, we’ll take a deep dive into the Divine design for community, what makes a community tick, and how healthy & impactful faith communities arrange their lives for the common good.
Each week, we’ll engage with content ranging from video presentations* to guest speakers & artists around the theme of community as we seek to better understand our own community as a collective and what each of our individual roles might be in building, strengthening, and empowering our community to make a difference in the world.
Join us every Sunday through July and August as we explore community & connectedness through the following sources:
- July 10: Holon — Suzanne Stabile | If every thing is whole and complete unto itself and yet also part of a bigger whole, what is the implication for faith communities? (preview video)
- July 17: Go Deeper — Glennon Doyle | Finding community through vulnerability & authenticity
- July 24: Close But Different — Rowan Williams | How mutual vulnerability and support makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts
- July 31: Guest Artist Jonathon Dewveall | Music & art as a catalyst for community
- Aug. 7: Fragility at the Center — David Ford | How building communities around the needs of the most marginalized changes the world
- Aug. 14: Hurt or Heal? — Brené Brown | If churches/communities aren’t healing, they’re hurting
- Aug. 21: God Doesn’t Need Worship — James Alison | Emotional manipulation vs. eucharistic relationship
- Aug. 28: Pulling All Things Together in Love — James Forbes | Experiencing God as relational reality changes everything
*Video previews from The Work of the People will be available from the Wednesday prior through the Monday following each gathering.
6:00pm EST: Happy Half-Hour (informal meet & greet time)
6:30pm EST: Presentation & conversation begin
Invest in our community!
Want to invest in our community for Spiritual Exiles and our work to create and support online micro-communities focused on justice and liberation? New Wineskins has partnered with Affirm Fundraising to manage a new online giving platform to make it easy for you to support the work we do! Just click the link below to give. Recurring gifts support the community over the long-term…your assistance helps us grow and sustain the important work we’re doing together!
Feature image by Darrel Und on Pexels.com
8 thoughts on “2022 Summer Series: Community & Connectedness”