No gathering this week as our community prepares for Advent
Just like we all as individuals need to take a break for renewal and restoration, communities also need the occasional breather.
We’re taking a week off from our regular gatherings this Sunday to allow us a time for rest and reflection as we prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday and our upcoming observation of Advent.
Speaking of Advent, please plan to join us every Sunday evening of the season as members of our community reflect on the Revised Common Lectionary gospel texts for each week:
- Nov. 29: Mark 13:24-37 — “Near” (Steve & Carol Peck)
- Dec. 6: Mark 1:1-8 — “See” (Barbara & Russell Rogerson)
- Dec. 13: John 1:6-8, 19-28 — “Light” (Kevin Malcomb)
- Dec. 20: Luke 1:26-38 — “Perplexed” (Chris Wylie)
- Dec. 24: Christmas Eve devotional service (Details TBA)
All gatherings happen in our New Wineskins Virtual Pub powered by Zoom. Our connection opens at 6:00pm for Happy Half-Hour, a time of gathering and greeting, followed by our main conversation at 6:30pm.